What a Lot of Quilts with Helen Howes

Our speaker for today's meeting (March 25th) is Helen Howes who will be speaking to us about
What A Lot of Quilts!

Here is a little bit of information about Helen.....

I have been sewing since I was two years old.. I get fidgetty when I'm not doing that. In the last 20 years I have been mainly an Art quilter, with a modern aesthetic and a tendency to make Trees.
I was a kite-maker for 40 years, and still do this, as applique looks good in the sky. I teach, write patterns, lecture, make websites, and sometimes sleep. I mend and restore old sewing machines, and am famous for demoing on them for the Modern Quilt Group
I run the Teapot Quilters, which meet once a fortnight in South Norfolk, and I teach all over the UK and in Europe.
I founded and was the first co-ordinator of the Modern Quilt Group within the Guild, and am proud of doing great things with this
I was most honoured to have one of my quilts (Green Copse) selected for the 2015 calendar..